The other day I was in the grocery store shopping for holiday meals when a gentleman came up to me and said – “I have to ask you – (points to pie crust) is this how you keep up your hourglass figure?”
I’m pretty sure it was meant to be a compliment. But we all know from my post mommy is not fat that I tend to use comments on my body (meant in jest or as compliments) as positive motivation to re-focus on health. Naturally, after this interaction I immediately walked next door to start the fitness project that’s been on my mind for a few week. I’m calling it #getfit2015, but really it’s more about finding the fitness routine, and the fitness facility, that works for you.
Each week on Health & Fitness Tuesdays, I’ll share my experience trying out every local gym, yoga studio, and other exercise scenario that I think might work for me in 2015. I’ll share my story and the benefits and drawbacks of each option.
Here is my criteria:
- Convenience: It has to be close to home. It has be accessible.
- Cost: Affordability is important; cost has to represent value.
- Amenities: I would love a clean locker room, childcare, and a hot tub.
- Classes: I need more yoga in my life. Gyms with good yoga get extra points!
Based on the criteria, here are the options on my list so far:
- Minimal, all-access, 24-hour gym
- Gyms with some classes and limited amenities
- Gyms with lots of classes & amenities
- Spa gym
- Yoga studio
- Hot yoga studio
- At-home self-paced workouts
So follow along as I share my experience – the good, the bad, the blah – and find your fitness favorites with #getfit2015!
For more on my #GetFit2015 challenge, check out Sustain.Health > Fitness.